Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
What are Your Service Times?
- Sunday Morning Worship is at 9:00 am. This service begins with worship music led by our Praise Team, and includes both contemporary and traditional music.
- Children's Church, for ages 4 to 8, meets at 9:30 am each Sunday before the sermon begins.
- Sunday School for all ages follows the morning worship service at 10:30 am.
- Sunday Evening we offer something for every age group, with preschool child care available. (See the Courses link.)
- Children's Choir meets at 6:00 pm on Sunday evenings during the school year. Children aged 4 - 5th grade enjoy games, instruments and snacks along with singing. Occasionally they present musical programs.
- Wednesdays: At 5:00 pm we begin Church supper, which is followed by FOCUS Prayer Service at 6:15 pm.
- FOCUS Prayer Service is held every Wednesday evening at 6:15 pm. The church feels that this service is vital. FOCUS Prayer is an intimate time of sharing and praying alone or in groups, following a brief devotional by our pastor.
- Youth meet Wednesday evenings, at 6:15 pm, for FOCUS Prayer Service then go to the Refuge for Bible Study.
Where is the Nursery?
Our nursery is located just to the right of the worship center. First time guests are asked to fill out a short form about your child/children. Strict rules are adhered to with any person working with children, and each worker must pass a background check. A minimum of two adult workers are with the children at all times.
How Do I Find Information and Classrooms?
A Welcome Center is located in the Fellowship Hall. There you will find information about our church and activities, as well as a facility map. The person on duty or an usher will be happy to help you.
Do You Offer Support Groups?
First Baptist Church wants to assist in good times and in troubled times. We offer a number of groups at various times of the year including:
- Dynamic Marriage and Dynamic Love
- Financial Peace University
- Various community support groups
- By making a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and following with baptism by immersion.
- Transfer of Letter from another Southern Baptist church.
- Statement of Faith after being baptized by immersion as a believer while at another Christian church.
- Consultation with the pastor may be necessary before a person becomes a member of the church. Call the church office at (505) 325-4528 if you would like an appointment.