Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
What are Your Service Times?
- Sunday Morning Worship is at 9:00 am. This service begins with worship music led by our Praise Team, and includes both contempory and traditional music.
- Children's Church, for ages 4-7, meets at 9:30 am each Sunday before the sermon begins.
- Sunday School for all ages follows the morning worship service at 10:30 am.
- FOCUS Prayer Service is held every Sunday evening at 6:00 pm, no matter the date. The church feels this service is so vital that we meet even if Sunday falls on Easter or Christmas! FOCUS Prayer is an intimate time of sharing and praying alone or in groups, following a brief devotional by our pastor.
- Children's Choir meets at 6:00 pm on Sunday evenings. The children, aged 4 years-5th grade enjoy games, instruments and snacks along with singing. Several times each year they present a musical.
- Youth meet Sunday evenings, at 6:00 pm, for FOCUS Prayer Service.
- Wednesdays offer something for every age group, with preschool child care available. During the school year a ladies Bible study is held in the morning. At 5:00 pm we begin Church supper, which is followed by discipleship classes at 6:00 pm. (See the Courses link.)
Where is the Nursery?
Our nursery is located just to the right of the worship center. First time guests are asked to fill out a short form about your child/children. Strict rules are adhered to with any person working with children, and each worker must pass a background check. A minimum of two adult workers are with the children at all times.
How Do I Find Information and Classrooms?
A Welcome Center is located on the left of the worship center foyer. There you will find information about our church and activities, as well as a facility map. The person on duty or an usher will be happy to help you.
Do You Offer Support Groups?
First Baptist Church wants to assist in good times and in troubled times. We offer a number of groups at various times of the year including:
- Dynamic Marriage and Dynamic Love
- Financial Peace University
- Various community support groups
- By making a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and following with baptism by immersion.
- Transfer of Letter from another Southern Baptist church.
- Statement of Faith after being baptized by immersion as a believer while at another Christian church.
- Consultation with the pastor may be necessary before a person becomes a member of the church. Call the church office at (505) 325-4528 if you would like an appointment.